Upcoming AGM. Profile - Judy Robinson
Judy Robinson’s 2019 profile for the NDTC committee
Governance/Management Board and Committee Experience
• Nelson Women’s and Children Refuge – Treasurer 2014-2018
• Nelson Women’s and Children’s – Collective member 2005-2009
• Nelson City Council Safer Cycle and Pathways Committee – 2017-2018
• Nelson Tasman Youth Strategy Committee – 2016-2018
• Tahunanui Business Association- Executive Board - 2012-2018
• Nelson Tasman Community Led Development - Facilitator 2011
• Central Otago Serious Injury Rehabilitation – Implementation Group 2001-2003
• Wanaka Lakes Swimming Club- President - 1998-2001
• Central Otago Gymnastic Club –Chairperson -1997-2001
• Wanaka Preschool – Vice Chairperson- 1990 -1993
• Montessori Preschool- Committee member - 1987
Work and life skills attained through both employment and voluntary responsibilities include the following:
• Policy writing for C.Y.F.S, Ministry of Social Development and Ministry of Education along with service delivery moderation
• Preparation of Submissions and subsequent presentations to local government
• Philanthropic Grant and Funding application and accountability reporting
• Clear understanding of N.G.O constitution formatting and implementation
Nelson Dog Training Club
I first became involved in the club 7 years ago when I sought help and guidance with training Hush, who I thought at the time was an unruly dog. I joined a Challenging Behaviour class and quickly got hooked and moved onto Obedience then dabbled in the discipline of Agility, but very quickly learnt that Agility was well beyond me and my dogs’ capabilities.
I continued to take part in Obedience and Rally-O and have enjoyed participating in the shows and ribbon days that have been held at the club.
Canine Good Citizens suits me and my dogs’ best, and so now we spend most of our time at the club involved in this pursuit of pleasure and responsibility of a good mannered and responsive dog whilst enjoying the company of likeminded people.
Outside of NDTC, I participate in Breed Confirmation dog showing and follow my passion to breed sound, beautiful and fit for purpose Bernese Mountain Dogs.
I believe that I have the time and skills to be able to actively contribute the club’s committee and look forward to gaining new skills and making a strong contribution to this active and collaborative club.